Thimonnier is a designer and manufacturer of packaging machines with soft materials. Its know-how is based on more than 60 years of experience in packaging. Its design center and assembly unit is located in France. Most of mechanical parts are machined near its plant. Since its creation in 19’s, Thimonnier is in constant adaptation to economic and technical trends with a key role in innovations: inventor of the “Doypack” shape, pioneer of the dielectric sealing in France, inventor of economic and ecological pouches shapes like Straap. The automated handling of soft materials is a key subject for the development of its activity and its regional partners.
Involvement in MERGING
Its involvement will be focused in the pilot’s case dedicated to handle soft packages:
• Supervision and participation to the functional specifications
• Participation to the technical specifications
• Integration of the automated system (hardware and software)
• Supervision, carrying-out of tests, participation to the analysis of tests
• Participation to management, dissemination and exploitation of the project